Bring John Spencer to Your Event
John Spencer is passionate about seeing educators embrace design thinking and creativity. Over the last few years, he has shared this vision for creative classroom with a variety of audiences, including his speech in the White House about the future of education and his TEDx Talk on creativity. John offers an engaging, thought-provoking, and humorous style through his keynotes, full-day workshops and online professional development. He offers the unique perspective of being a published author, the co-founder of a successful startup, an award-winning classroom teacher, and a college professor. He uses this blend of classroom experience, industry experience, and research experience to craft innovative, holistic, and practical learning experiences in a style that is approachable and relevant.
What People Are Saying About John Spencer
“John’s classroom and research expertise on project-based learning, design thinking, and blended literacy allow him to offer realistic and practical suggestions to move teachers forward. John’s amazing creativity can be seen in his humor, writing, drawings, and engaging presentation style. If you are looking for someone to go beyond the “50 Apps in 50 Minutes” style of professional development to a practical, student-centered pedagogy then John Spencer is who you should call.”
“John Spencer is a fantastic speaker. He will inspire you and push your thinking to new heights. His mixture of content, storytelling, and humor makes for a great keynote.”
“John inspires and empowers. I rarely say that something transforms my practice, but this design thinking workshop changed the way I teach.”
Popular Messages From John Spencer
John often speaks on creativity, design thinking, research-based student engagement, and meaningful technology integration. Most of his workshops and keynotes are tailored specifically with your audience and include a set of resources customized for the audience. Here are a few of his most recent examples:
- The Creative Classroom: Boosting Creativity and Innovation Through Design Thinking
- We Want Kids to Be Creative But How Do We Assess That?
- The Seven Types of Creative Teachers
- This Is The Future of Education
- In the Zone: Maximizing Student Engagement with Flow Theory
- Epic Engagement: Lesson Planning Through the Lens of Story
- Five Authentic Assessment Strategies You Can Use Tomorrow
- The Seven Stages in the Technology Journey
- It Is Personal: A New Vision for Personalized Learning
Connect with John Spencer for more information about bringing him to your event.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: @spencerideas
- Blog: spencerideas.org
- YouTube: sketchyvideos.com