Look, Listen, and Learn
In Chapter 4 we explore the first phase of the LAUNCH Cycle: Look, Listen, and Learn.
L: Look, Listen, and Learn
In the first phase, students look, listen, and learn.The goal here is awareness. It might be a sense of wonder at a process or an awareness of a problem or a sense of empathy toward an audience.
Here are some questions to ask after reading Chapter 4:
- Do we give time for our students (or ourselves) to look and listen before starting a project or activity?
- How can awareness and curiosity work in tandem and spark creative problem-solving?
- Are there areas in your curriculum or schedule where you can begin to infuse this first phase of the LAUNCH Cycle? What about in your own professional practice?
Blog Posts and Resources:
- How Do We Bring Wonder Back into the Classroom?
- I Missed This Maker Space . . . Until a Student Helped Me See It
- My biggest fear as a teacher…
- Action Plan Template